drone on Hating on Agile goes Main… DC on Hating on Agile goes Main… umlcowboy on Death by Agile Fever Somewhere over the r… on Death by Agile Fever DevOps Is The New Ag… on Post Agilism: Moving beyond th…
- Challenges in Mobile Development
- My most Relevant posts on Agile organized for your Tight Timeline
- The Difference between Scrum and kanban approaches
- Retrospecting my blog
- New York Post Agilists
- #NoEstimates and all that
- Hating on Agile goes Mainstream
- The Incredible Logic of Agile
- Get your Agile Laundry
- The Difference between “Agile” and “Lean”
- The con job that is Shu-Ha-Ri
- Where the Agile/Scrum Community got it wrong, and why the backlash continues to grow
- Death by Agile Fever
- Moved content to new site
- Know — And Choose — What you are optimizing for
- Should “Agile” methodolgies just be called “Lightweight” methodologies?
- Voke releases Research Report on Agile Realities
- Kanban for Software Engineering?
- Range Estimation versus Point Estimation
- The Perennial Waterfall Strawman/Myth
- Orwell on Agile
- Infotisements, Propaganda, and Agile
- Agile promotes less accountability, not more
- Refactoring the Role of the Product Owner
- Management is Not Bad — MicroManagement is Bad
- Teamwork in a Command and Control Enviornment?
- The Quest for the One True Way
- Do Solid Engineering and Business Practices need New Age/Eastern Religion/Anti-Capitalist leanings to succeed?
- Responding to Change over Following a Plan = Technical Debt
- Agile is a Placebo and that’s Fine, Claims noted Agile Author
- Scrum Deprogramming Seminars coming to a City near you
- Evidence that Scrum is in decline?
- Excellent NYT Article on Open Office, Groupthink, Concentration and Productivity
- Death by a thousand cuts, Agile/Scrum style — an example
- Post Agilism: Moving beyond the outdated and misdirected aspects of “Agile”
- By Popular Request: What my Approach Is
- Enthusiasm and Astroturfing in the Agile Landscape
- The New New Agile Manifesto
- The State of Agile 2012
- My Fix for the “CreateRiaClientFilesTask task failed unexpectedly. — Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain” error
- Howto: Create and Promote a new (but popular) Agile Methodolology
- Lack of Scrum Success stories a Growing Concern?
- Planet of the eXtreme Programmers, 10th Anniv. Edition
- Is Scrum just a series of Mini Waterfalls?
- Are you an independent thinker or just an Agile Parrot?
- Scrum Success Stories
- Is the Agile Community still “uncovering better ways of developing software…” or just debating whether to implement Scrum or Kanban?
- Understanding the psychology of dogma and “purists” in Scrum and other movements
- Cultural aspects of bringing Lean, Kanban, TPS, Scrum and other Japanese based management systems to the west
- Refactoring the Scrum Lexicon
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Many “Agile Methods” such as Scrum and XP suggest (or command) that there shall be no job titles on the team. What are the implications of this? Although this “utopian” view suggests that all team members are equal, this would … Continue reading
We hear that all the time… if you don’t do …. $X…. then you’re not really doing Scrum or XP. So what are the implications of this? 1) It doesn’t matter if you’re “really” doing XP or Scrum. Those are … Continue reading
Scrum promises an end to “command and control” management. But does it really? Let’s look at this in depth: 1) In the old way everyone had one professional manager they reported to 2) That manager may assign tasks or allow … Continue reading
People often point to the manifesto to justify aspects of Scrum or XP. They’ll say “see right here in the manifesto it says that….” These folks need to learn a little history.
How to improve your teams communication and eradicate harmful communication patterns Continue reading
One of the most bizarre, yet highly touted, “features” of Scrum is that it “exposes Organizational Dysfunction”. Not mere team based, project based, or even departmental dysfunction, but Organizational Dysfunction … enterprise wide. Now this is crazy on so many … Continue reading