In an interesting report former Voke has released a new report on Agile.
Among the findings:
- Out of over 200 survey participants, we received only four detailed comments describing success with Agile.
- Overwhelmingly, 40% of participants that use Agile did not identify a benefit.
- Survey participants report that developers use the guise of Agile to avoid planning and to avoid creating documentation required for future maintenance.
- Be aware that the Agile movement might very well just be either a developer rebellion against unwanted tasks and schedules or just an opportunity to sell Agile services including certification and training.
- We received some unprecedented scathing and shocking comments about the level of competence, professionalism, and attitudes of some members of the Agile movement.
Sounds like what I’ve been saying over a decade now?